Friday, October 13, 2006

Legs change perspectives

It’s like mixing cocktail – 2 cup of Epsom salt, 1 cup of rubbing alcohol into the hot tub water. Left leg takes a sip for the right temperature before the whole of self immerse into it. This has been my morning and night ritual since someone told me that it might be useful to my legs’ problem. Yes, they had been on strike for almost a year. They were fast and decisive, leaving footsteps in more than 30 countries; they were the tough and daring, launching many adventures though I am never an athletic type.

Now they are heavy, slow and dragging. I have yielded quite a lot indeed, such as granting them the vacation they have been longing for years, alleviating their burden by wearing high-heel shoes no more, pampering them with massage and greeting them with many professionals (the PT, acupuncturist, and chiropractor et al).

How do I feel? Sometimes, it really sucks like vacuum cleaner. But I also learnt something. I learnt to be patient, when I become the slowest in the room; I learnt to appreciate the “handicapped-friendly” environment that a country like Canada offers; I learnt to understand every resource has a limit, including our body and energy.

No comments: