Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Critique

Critique workshop is tough, having your “baby” being exposed to the external world, being commented, being liked and being disliked, especially you think you have done a marvelous job! But, it’s also poignant necessity of the path to improvement. I had my “Creative Writing 2 – Dialog” being commented and criticized by 10 other students – illogical dialogs, too many adverbs and adjectives, confusing sentences, using “dream” to weave into the story is lazy….etc just to name a few. It was definitely hard to take at first. But these are the most useful things I have ever learnt. I know there will be some head-scratching moments this week when I have to revise my story, given all these blunt, sophisticated and sometimes conflicting comments. Yet I will be better next time!

No comments: