Friday, November 03, 2006

Why writing fiction is more fun

Stephen King ever mentioned “don’t think about plot too much” in his book On Writing. Instead, he preached let the characters take on their path, sometimes decide on their fate. I found it was weird. Having written a couple more assignment, I started to believe. That’s exactly what differentiates creative fiction and creative non-fiction, at least from the writer’s perspective. For creative non-fiction, you know exactly what’s going to happen, what’s the turning point, and what’s the ending. You instead focus on the angle, the voice, and the details that enhance the flow and credibility. But for creative fiction, if you characters are well-developed, you have to “listen” to them and let them gear the direction of you story. That’s also the fun part I now start to enjoy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

good day people. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking as far as something that singular brand. The prices for the sneakers were around 180 bucks on every site. But for all I bring about this area selling them for half price. I really want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]prada sneakers[/url]. I will definetly order these. what can you tell me about these?

Anonymous said...

good afternoon fellas. I'm actually into shoes and I had been looking as far as something that singular make. The prices for the boots were all over 320 pounds on every site. But definitively I set this site selling them for the benefit of half price. I in reality want those [url=http://www.shoesempire.com]gucci sneakers[/url]. I will probably order those. what do you think?